Wednesday, October 24, 2007

The countdown has begun...and a surprise!

So, depending on how you want to count it, we have six days till we leave for San Francisco, seven days till we leave for Beijing, or 13 days till we have Gracie in our arms. Right now we are going through our list and getting things done before we leave. With so many things in the air, thank goodness for lists! Ours has become smaller and we delight in crossing things off each day. We haven't added too many things, so it stays manageable.

One of the things we did have to add to the list was repacking Gracie after my co-workers at ACS threw me a SURPRISE baby shower in New Jersey! My two teammates, Jocelyn and Sandra apparently have been planning this for weeks! How they accomplished this, and what lengths they went through to do this for me speaks volumes as to the kind of great people they are. I am so lucky to be a part of a great team.


This is me at the shower, which was held in our hotel conference room. Notice the decorations that Jocelyn brought with her on the trip!



These are some of the project managers I work with in New Jersey. They are all a great bunch of people that took the time to come to a baby shower after work. Its hard enough to get guys to a baby shower, let alone after working a full day with me bugging them constantly! And we didn't even have to bribe them with alcohol! Jocelyn is to my right in the picture and Sandra is to my left. I cant thank you guys enough for all you have done!

So in less than a week, we will start having pictures of our trip up here, so check back often!

No comments: